Wish you all a very Happy New Year
Awesome, Awesome Super Awesome year 2013 was, for me it was an awesome guide. I learned in leaps and bounds and most of the time from doing than anything else. Each day teaches us something or the other, if we focus on the right things and pay more attention to what we have instead to what we don’t have we can surely achieve more.
As I mentioned earlier I will keep sharing all my learning on this platform so here I am, I would love to share 10 great lessons from 2013 and wish you a an eventful 2014:
1. Do less, achieve more. Success has less to do with hard work or keeping yourself busy all the time, it has more to do with focus and good work. Doing more doesn’t mean you will accomplish more, in fact, do less, be a free spirit person, let good thoughts sink in, and accomplish more.
“Fantasizing about the future is one of my favorite pastimes.” – Richard Branson
2. Don’t sweat to be the best, you just have to be better than others, don’t take life too seriously. I led quite a tough life in 2013, worked tirelessly and missed out most of my moments with friends and family. Although I learned a lot but it is important to live a balanced life.
3. Spend less time on technology and more time with yourself to accomplish your important tasks. Being a technology freak, I have gained a lot, it saved my time and made me addicted to it at the same time. As a matter of fact before it takes a toll on me I have decided to go without it for a while and spend more time with myself.
4. Do something selflessly for at least one stranger a day, if that makes you feel good, do it more often.
“If you can’t feed a hundred people, feed just one.” – Mother Teresa
5. For growth look for Top-players only onto your team. I remember I hired a C grade people in order to save few bucks in my new venture and ended up losing more. Never sacrifice on quality, be selective.
“One of the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.” – Oprah Winfrey
6. Talk less. Listen more. Do more. It is important to listen twice than you speak; I have followed this habit religiously as I believe most of our problems disappear if we pay attention to them.
7. Be an early morning person, exercise and meditate for at least 30 minutes each. That’s the best way to kick-start your day. The day you start your day determines how well you will live your day.
8. Listen to music every morning; it’s one of the best energy boosters. I do it every morning. List of my favorite songs is quite long still I suggest you to listen to BREAVEHEART theme song.
9. It is very important to grow in life but it’s more important to be happy. If you try spend all time in chasing material things you won’t get time to enjoy the real life. Do, eat, wear what makes you feel good.
“Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old.” – Unknown
10. Lastly, love your parents like never before, I feel blessed that I happened to celebrate New Year with my mom & dad sitting beside me. Spend some time with them, you will realize tremendous love hidden behind seemingly small things. A cup of coffee will do!!
Once again I wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year, may God always bless you and keep you happy.
This year can be the best year of your life. It’s all your choice. Keep achieving and keep sharing. Have Fun